Sunday, November 2, 2014

Caramel Apples and {Butterbeer} - Recipe!

Butterbeer!
Ever since reading Harry Potter, and then watching the movies, and then enviously looking at all those wonderful Instagram photos of Butterbeer from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I have wanted to try a butterbeer. I love butterscotch, foamy drinks, and wishing I was a wizard (alas, I am only a muggle). It has been my dream to either go to Florida and try it for myself, or to make it at home. Since Florida is currently out of the budget, I looked for lots of recipes on Pinterest, and I'm sure to try others in the future, but this one was the easiest!

Butterbeer Recipe 

Froth: 
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon Butterscotch-flavored Jell-O Instant Pudding Mix
*The original recipe also calls for 1/4 cup powdered sugar but I'm trying to reduce my sugar intake so I didn't include it and it still tasted wonderful!
Directions: With an electric mixer (or whisk), mix all the ingredients until it resembles whipped cream, then set aside.
Cold Butterbeer:
cream soda (chilled)
1-2 teaspoons butterscotch-flavored sundae syrup (per mug)
prepared Froth (recipe above)
Directions: Pour the chilled cream soda into your glass, leaving an inch or so at the top for froth. 
Add in 1-2 teaspoonfuls of the butterscotch syrup and stir well. 
Top off your glass with the prepared froth and give it a few minutes to settle.
Enjoy! 
*adapted from The Disney Diner

We also decided to make caramel apples that day, and it was a very autumnal.
We had so much fun!
We bought some Granny Smith Apples and Kraft caramel bits, popped the caramel bits onto the stove for a little while and then dipped our cut apples into it - delicious!

How have you been enjoying these autumn days?
Tell me in a comment below!

xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment