Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- 3/4 cup extra-crunchy Peanut Butter
- (*The original recipe uses creamy but I much prefer crunchy*)
- 1/2 stick Crisco Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening(Or 1/2 cup Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening)
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375°F. Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add egg. Beat only until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix until blended. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheet. Flatten slightly in a crisscross pattern with a fork.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to cooling racks to cool completely.
*recipe adapted from Jif*
This is my absolute favorite cookie to make and to enjoy!
It is always a favorite at Christmas parties and my friends always ask me to make them these cookies.
I hope you try them out this holiday season - and if you do, let me know how you like them in the comments!