Monday, July 22, 2013

Summer Reading: Under the Never Sky

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
I have found a new book obsession: The Under the Never Sky series. I'm not kidding; I devoured the first two books in two days only to find that the next book won't be out until January. January! And so begins the waiting game. So anyway, during the first book, I was a little bit unsure. But I pushed myself through the one really awkward moment, and I was rewarded with a wonderful second half of the first book and an even better second book.
You can tell from the cover that there is romance involved, but I feel like this book is more than just the romance, which is always a big plus for me. I'm a romantic but if that's the only thing driving a story, it drives me insane. So that fact alone kept me enthralled. This book was classified as a Dystopian on Goodreads, but I feel that it leans more towards Sci-Fi (just giving you fair warning!). And so, without any (more) delay:
The Synopsis: Aria has always lived in Reverie, a protected dome, where she has access to the Realms, which can take her anywhere her heart desires. In the dome, and in the Realms, nothing can hurt her. She's safe. But the Realms aren't real. When her mother goes missing in the Real, Aria takes a risk to try to find her, and she pays: she is exiled to the outside, in the wastelands. Her chance of survival is slim to none, but then she meets an outsider. Perry's searching for a lost family member, too, and even though he's a savage, Aria knows her best chance at survival is to become his ally. They must face many things together, and despite reluctance on both sides, they are each other's best hope for finding the people they love.
My rating: 4/5


Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
Since this is the second book in the series, I don't want to post the synopsis because it will give away the end of the first book. If you're one of those people who likes to know the ending before reading the book, feel free to click on the link above! So, I'll just get to how I felt about this book... It was, in Reverie-speak, "champ." I blasted through this in less than a day, and that's including work, so I am definitely going to be rereading. It was just so good and I wanted to know the ending so badly. I thoroughly enjoyed it. 
My rating: 4.5/5

Happy Reading! 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment