Monday, November 11, 2013

Quote of the Week 11/11/2013


"Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder." -Rumi

In times of stress, it is easy to lash out at the ones that you care about. They will always love you, but that is no reason to be unkind. With the holidays coming up, I thought I would just put out a little reminder to be kind to the ones you love, the ones you don't, and most importantly, be kind to yourself. 
If you seek to be kind to the people in your life, and to learn to be kind to yourself, too, you will live a happier life. I've been working on this lately, and struggling as the pressure from work and classes build. However, I will continue to strive to become a better person, the person who I want to be. I want to accept and love myself, and let that love extend to others around me. 
And on another note, Happy Veterans' Day! 
If you know a veteran, be sure to thank them for their service and bravery. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment