An easy recipe that is wonderful for special occasions, like Christmas morning!
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
(many people use Grands! but I personally prefer Trader Joe's)
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large bundt pan or casserole with cooking spray. (I used a casserole because I have yet to purchase a bundt pan).
2. In a large storage food bag or bowl, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.
3. Cut up the biscuits (in quarters) into 16 pieces, rolling into balls. Shake in the bag or roll around in bowl to coat the dough in the sugar mixture. It should look like this:
4. Melt butter over stove; when melted, add brown sugar and stir.
Optional: I like to add what is left of the sugar/cinnamon mixture but it is up to you!
5. Place dough balls in pan or casserole and pour the butter mixture on top of the pieces.
6. Bake for 28 to 32 minutes at 350 degrees F, until golden brown. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
7. Turn upside down onto plate. Pull apart to serve.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Adapted from Pillsbury.