Monday, December 2, 2013

Quote of the Week 12/2/2013


"If the whole world was blind, how many people would you impress?"
-Boonaa Mohammed

In a world that is constantly bombarding us with images, ads, etc. that have been altered to be more beautiful, more thin, more something, and having been raised in that world, it is hard not to think that beauty - or lack thereof - is the only thing our society cares about. I've been struggling with image issues since before my teens, but whenever I am having a really tough day loving my body, I try to remember that I am so much more than just a body. 
I have a mind that loves to learn, I aim to be kind to everybody even when I don't feel like it, I work hard and focus on doing the things that I love rather than the things that will get me money. Money and beauty are not the whole world, just two small parts. 
Today, and everyday, I aim to be a better person. To be a kinder, loving, educated, witty, person. That's what inner beauty is, and that is the kind of beauty that I admire most. 

Happy Monday!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment