Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pinterest Recipe for Revolutionary Mac & Cheese!

Revolutionary Mac & Cheese

Yummy, yummy!
Mmmmm... Mac & Cheese. It's been a favorite of mine for years. While my favorite still comes in a blue box (it's horrible but true), every so often I like to switch it up and try a new recipe. 
That's where Pinterest comes in! I found this recipe for Mac & Cheese, tweaked it just a tad, and viola! A delicious dinner for me! 

Ingredients: 
2 1/2 cups milk
2 cups dried pasta (I used shells and it worked well!)
1 cup loosely packed cheese (cheddar preferred*), shredded**
1 tsp. salt

Directions: 
1. In a saucepan, add pasta and milk. Bring to a simmer, being careful not to bring to a boil!
2. Reduce heat to the lowest setting and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until the pasta is soft. Stir frequently, and again, make sure the milk does not boil! 
3. Turn off heat and add cheese and salt. Stir to combine. Let cool for a minute or two, then stir again. At this point, you may add a little more milk if not creamy enough. 
4. If you would like to bake your Mac & Cheese, you may do so at this point. Place in a baking dish and top with a generous portion of shredded cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for about ten minutes, until the cheese has melted. 
5. Serve and enjoy!

(Serves 4)

Notes:
*I say cheddar preferred, because it is the usual cheese used in Mac & Cheese, but next time I plan to try out a combination of cheeses!
**Could be pre-shredded or shredded by hand, whichever you prefer. I did not have a cheese grater on hand (moving out is such a pain!) and so I used store bought, and it worked fine!

Have fun making Mac & Cheese!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment