Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Recipe: Hot, Skinny Spinach Dip

Pre-oven.
Mmmm... Spinach dip. It has always been a favorite of mine, but I usually only get to have it on the rare occasion that I go to a restaurant in a group. So to not only find a recipe for it, but to find one that is better for you, too?! I had to try it. And I must say, I love it. 
Let's begin:

What I used, this time
Recipe:
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/2 cup light sour cream
5 tbsp light mayonnaise (I used regular; that's all I had!)
1/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
1/4 cup green onion, chopped *
1 clove garlic, crushed **
1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella
fresh pepper (for taste)

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Put into an oven-safe dish and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cheese should be melted. 
Serve immediately and enjoy!

Notes:

Serves about 10. This recipe was adapted from Skinnytaste.

Also, I was so excited to try out this dip that I forgot to take a picture when it was all ready to eat! I will update as soon as I make another batch. It was delicious!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment