Monday, September 30, 2013

Quote of the Week 9/30/2013


"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." 
-Julia Child

I have found things that I am passionate about. Many things. But usually they do not keep my attention for very long. My passion for the last two years of my studies has been the Italian language and culture. It fascinated me; I was always wanting to learn more.
But as of late, my passion for not only the language but the culture, too, has grown weak. I am taking two history classes related to Roman culture and so, Italian culture. And I am also taking a class, taught in Italian, about opera. And I am falling apart a little bit. I feel incredibly behind already, and I am at a loss. I want so dearly to love my major, to regain that passion, but these classes (especially the opera class) are making me detest everything I once loved and wanted to know more about. 
So, I will remind myself that it is only a quarter: ten weeks of my life. Then I can hopefully find some better classes, like Italian art history, or something to do with Italian literature that doesn't bore me to tears. 
Until then, I will attempt to listen to Julia Child. I will try my hardest to keep tremendously interested in my passion. 

What is your passion and what are you doing to keep it interesting?

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Like you, I have many passions, art being one of them. I'm actually a natural in art but I'm pretty sure my skills would have been A LOT if I drew everyday but for many years, I haven't created a single art piece but miraculously, I was able to make the bets artworks I have ever made in my life. But the point is, I should listen to Julia Child too because, I've met many people my age or younger that can paint and draw a lot better than I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! I'm finding that if I don't stress myself out about the work I have to do, if I just let it come as it may, I enjoy myself and the work I love to do so much more. Good luck!

      Caryn
      masonjarsandcoastalcharm.blogspot.com

      Delete